Salary Negotiable, Depending on skills & Experience
Hours: 7:30am–5pm Monday–Thursday, Friday’s 7:30am- 3:15pm
Holidays – 25 days plus stats
Skillection are currently working on the behalf of their Manufacturing Engineering client based in Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire.
This is an exciting role with significant growth prospects.
Our client’s Yorkshire division is looking for a Process Engineer/Manager who is capable of being at the core of a strategic new product introduction program in relation to the finish machining of copper and nickel based castings from <1 kg up to 50 kgs.
Our client’s foundry divisions already produce the castings, many of which are Class 1 castings for critical naval application. There is a fantastic opportunity for the overall business to convert the supply to being finish machined.
• Review internal and external customer’s technical and commercial enquiries to obtain accurate understanding of the requirements. This will involve defining project scope and deliverables and managing the project costing phase from start to finish
• Undertake detailed capability assessment on a job by job basis with existing Engineering and Sales Department. Retain accurate records accordingly.
• Create detailed tooling, process, timing estimation for the sales department
• Following order conversion and utilising the capability assessment undertake a New Product Introduction process working with Engineering and Production
• Undertake (and track) product introduction and first article production including generation of all work’s routes, set up sheets and tooling introduction
• Work with Production Engineers on CNC programming and routing including testing and QA sign off
• Liaise with Planning and Production on job status and project timelines
• Define and manage project scope. Define deliverables, create timelines, report status and manage engineering clarifications at a customer level including problem solving.
• Generally work within overall Engineering Department
• Driven self-starter with organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
• Able to work well with a team and develop relationships internally
• Ability to read technical drawings and interpret manufacturing techniques
• Ability to liaise with customers directly to resolve queries and ensure the timely generation of accurate quotations.
• Computer literate
• Previous experience in a machine shop environment: milling, turning.
• Strong mechanical engineering knowledge
• Knowledge of CNC Machining processes and programming
• New product introduction experience
• Engineering Diploma/Degree qualification (desirable)
• Previous estimating experience (desirable)
• Knowledge of material specifications (desirable)
To be considered for this role please send your full up to date CV to Helen email@example.com